Toni, A Bowl Full of Lemons
Don't have a mantel or fireplace in your home? Create this temporary faux Holiday mantel with a mantel shelf, and spruce it up for the season with damage-free Command™ Products.
– Command™ Slate Terrace Hooks – this project used one
– Command™ Clear Mini Hooks – this project used three
– Command™ Utensil Hooks – this project used three
– Additional holiday decor such as votives, garlands, etc.
– Lighted marquee letters to spell "JOY"
– Chalkboard name tags with twine
– Mason jars – this project used three
– Decorative Ribbon
– Holiday stockings – this project used three
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Create a faux mantel area by placing a faux mantel shelf in front of a painted section of the wall.
2. Clean all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
3. Decorate the first mason jar by tying ribbon around the top of the jar.
4. To adhere one Command™ Clear Mini Hook to the front of the mason jar, remove the black "wall side" liner and press the adhesive strip directly to the jar. Remove the blue liner and press the mini hook directly to the adhesive, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal.
5. Wait one hour and hang one chalkboard name tag from the hook. Repeat steps 3-4 to decorate the remaining mason jars.
7. To hang a wreath above the mantel, remove the Command™ Slate Terrace Hook and adhesive strips from packaging. Remove the red liner and press the adhesive to the hook.
8. Remove the black "wall side" liner and press the hook to the wall for ten seconds. For maximum holding strength, slide the hook up off the base and press the base firmly for 30 seconds.
9. Slide the hook back onto the base and wait one hour before hanging the wreath.
10. Prop the lighted marquee letters on top of the mantel, allowing them to stand freely or rest against the wall.
11. Supplement with additional holiday décor such as baskets, garland, etc.