– Scotch® Precision Cutter
– Scotch® Scrapbooking tape
– Scotch® Precision Cut Scissors
– 12 x 12 Scrapbook Holiday Paper (4-5 sheets per letter)
– Cardboard Letters (2” thick)
– Hot Glue Gun
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Decide which letter to cover with which pattern.
2. Apply scrapbooking tape to the front side of the first letter (no larger area than the scrapbooking paper size 12"). Press uncut scrapbooking paper to the letter to cover the entire section with scrapbooking paper (front surface of letter), press to secure. Allow at least 3" excess paper over each side (to fold the extra paper down the sides in next step)
3. Flip letter over so just adhered paper is facing down on your work surface. Apply scrapbooking tape to the 2" side of the first letter, then fold excess paper from step 2 to cover the 2" side with scrapbooking tape. Press firmly. Remove the excess paper that extends beyond the edge of the letter by using a single blade cutter such as the Scotch® Precision Cutter to trim along the edge for a clean line.
Continue the process over each section of letter until fully covered on top and sides.
4. Once covered apply Command™ Picture Hanging Strips to the back of the letters following package instructions. Be sure to prepare the wall and allow the strips to adhere 1 hour before hanging the letters.
5. Remove following package instructions after the Holiday season without any damage!
NOTE: For any seams between paper applications add a dab of hot glue under the paper to keep the paper from lifting. Another option would be to cover with a thin layer of modge podge for a nice sheen or a spray sparkle.