Do something with your first day of school pictures this year! Here's a fun way to display them - you can even involve the kids. Create a photo banner to hang above a fireplace with your pictures, decorative cardstock and ribbon. Hang up your banner with Command™ Clear Decorating Clips for a damage-free solution! Easy to apply and remove - no holes, marks, or sticky residue left behind!
– Command™ Clear Decorating Clips – this project uses two
– First day of school pictures printed – this project printed five pictures
– Decorative cardstock
– Ribbon of your choice – this project used white ribbon decorated with black bumble
– Additional fall – or school-themed decor – this project used antique books and
– Hole punch
– Paper cutter
– Adhesive Roller
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Gather your printed photos and decorative cardstock and use the paper cutter or scissors to cut the photos to the desired size. This project cut the photos to size 3.5 inches by 5 inches and cut the decorative cardstock to size 4 inches by 5.5 inches.
2. Using the adhesive roller, apply adhesive to the back of the photo. Place the photo on the decorative cardstock, pressing firmly to ensure the adhesive sticks to the cardstock.
3. To add the pictures to the banner, first punch one hole in each of the upper right- and left-hand corners of each photo, then thread the ribbon of your choice through the holes of each photo. Be sure the ribbon is long enough to fit across the length of your mantel.
NOTE: Leave room along the ribbon to add pictures throughout the year.
4. To hang the ribbon of photos from the mantel, clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Clear Decorating Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging, separating the strips from each other
5. Remove the black “wall side” liner from an adhesive strip, and place it on the upper left-hand corner of the mantel, pressing firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds. Remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip, and apply the clip to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat step 5 to adhere the second decorating clip to the right side of the mantel. After waiting one hour, hang the ribbon each end of the ribbon from the decorating clips.
7. Place additional back-to-school décor on top of the mantel. This project placed antique books between two bookends and placed pumpkins on each end of the mantel.